New Year’s Resolutions.
Most will want to give up something, others will want to try something new, overcome fears, get a promotion at work…… however, very few of us will really track our resolutions throughout the year, unless we have constant reminders of what we had set out to achieve…..
You need something that you can look at everyday, to….
- give you the strength to remove the obstacles that are preventing you from succeeding,
- inspire you to put that ‘extra bit of effort’ in,
- give you the strength to push aside the barriers to fulfilling your objectives and resolutions,
- give you the perseverance to keep going, no matter what comes in your way,
- give you the courage to start-up that business you’ve always dreamed of,
- help you find the money for that life-changing training course you’ve always wanted to do,
- give you the drive to write/publish that book/film…
How I do it:
I know Ganesh to be the ‘Remover of Obstacles’ in Hindu Folklore – I remember this fact every time I see Ganesh. All I need is a ‘trigger’ to look at Ganesh everyday. Let’s choose ‘waking up’ to be that trigger – after all – I do that every day!!
So – every morning when I wake up, one of the first things I see is Ganesh. I make a point of looking at Ganesh over on my chest of drawers, as I sit up in my bed, shortly after turning off my alarm. That’s it. There is nothing more to it. Really. And it changed my life. How? Here comes the ‘science’ bit…….
Seeing Ganesh triggers a wave of thoughts about my life, dreams, aspirations, targets, goals, and what I think are ‘obstacles’ to success for these many thoughts and ideas I have. This brings ‘self awareness’ of one’s weaknesses and obstacles <;<;<;<; THIS IS THE GOLD DUST. All I have to do now is write down these obstacles, and start crossing them off the list as I overcome each one. Once I get to the bottom of the list (if I don't keep adding to it!), I will inadvertently have overcome the obstacles that were preventing success for my own personal goals/dreams/aspirations!!! Achieving them simply becomes a 'choice', unrestricted by 'obstacles'.
It's kind of like having goals, but not going after the goals – go after the obstacles, and the goals will eventually rack-up!
Apart from the fact that there's a great opportunity for someone to create an 'app' to deliver the above 'life goal tracker', I hope you're able to find inspiration in the above – and if you think Ganesh will help you achieve your dreams, head on over to www.plushindia.com